At Namai, we strive to provide our customers with products that are produced using mindful and ethical practices. We understand that ethical standards mean something a little different for everyone. In order to be as transparent as possible with our customers, we wanted to give an overview of what we look for in our curated collection in order to ensure that each piece we offer is, what we consider to be, ethically made.
In curating our line of home decor, we go the extra mile to ensure that all of our products align with the following standards as much as possible.
No Harm to Living Creatures
- We're animal people. We believe in the humane and ethical treatment of animals. We do not condone killing or bringing harm upon an animal for the sake for the creation of any of our products. We believe that animals should always be treated with kindness and respect.
- Our product line may feature animal-produced materials such as alpaca or sheep's wool; however, we do not source any items where an animal was harmed or killed during or for the sake of its production. These animals are treated with kindness and care, often protected by local law, and live for many years.
- We do not source any products that are tested on animals.
Supporting Fair Wages
- It's no secret that, in many countries, artisans and workers are paid unfair wages that don't align with the local cost of living. That's why it's important to us that we not only support small businesses and artisans, but support fair wages that provide a good quality of life for those putting so much effort and care into each piece we sell.
- The artisans we work with in other countries are paid fair living wages. Our prices reflect our mission to support these artisans and workers across the globe in order to help provide them with the standard of living that they deserve.
Small Batch Creation
- In a world dominated by monopolies and mass-production of goods, it's more important than ever to support small businesses and local artisans and craftspeople. In doing so, we support small batch creation of high-quality products.
- As we strive to offer small batch pieces in our collection, we may sometimes encounter longer turnaround times as each piece is crafted by the maker. We work together with our vendors and artists to ensure quality control is prioritized and our products are shipped to our customers as quickly as possible.
- Our curated collection is vetted to ensure that each piece is sustainably made. We love our planet and are intentional about instilling eco-friendly practices in our business.
- Our product offering is produced on a small scale, often by individuals that align with our mission to protect the environment. That's why many of our products are handmade, using environmentally friendly methods and materials.
- While we strive to make sure each of our pieces are as sustainable as possible, information and processes are constantly evolving, so we see environmental sustainability as a journey, not necessarily a destination.
- We continue to do our best to ship products in materials that are recycled or recyclable, as well as offer products that put the environment first.
- While we work with business owners and artisans of all genders, we strive to support women as much as possible in our practices. We're well aware of the gender inequality that is deeply engrained in so many cultures around the world. We're also well aware of the pay discrepancies and biases that are interwoven within our global society. That's why we go out of our way to support female entrepreneurs and creators and provide them with the respect that they deserve.
- We believe in lifting each other up and supporting each other through this journey that we're all on. We're proud to work with all of our vendors, regardless of gender identity.
While these standards align with that we currently stand for, we understand that ethics are ever-changing. What may be considered ethical practice today could change tomorrow, whereas something that may be considered unethical may no longer be considered as such in the future. With that, we'll continue evaluating where we stand on a regular basis in order to ensure that our products, the practices surrounding their creation, and the places from which we supply our collection all meet our ethical standards and align with our values.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our ethical standards or approach, please reach out to us via our Contact Page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.